The Gophers football season has already supplied many highlights, garnered national attention and put the Big Ten and country on notice that P.J. Fleck's third year magic is in full effect. The spotlight and attention may be amped up to unmatched territory if ESPN’s popular College Game Day program chooses Minnesota as its destination on November 9 for a huge matchup between undefeated Minnesota and Penn State as the two battle for the Governor's Victory Bell!
The potential of College Game Day selecting Minnesota has Gophers fans fired up.
We now want to showcase our favorite “25 Reasons Why ESPN’s College Game Day Should Select Minnesota”
As the College Game Day crew closes in on a decision, we’d like to personally assure that Rece Davis, Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit will have the “maroon and gold” carpet rolled out for them, and here are 25 other reasons why Minnesota is the right choice.
1. Coach Fleck and the Gophers program is without a doubt one of the best stories in College Football this season.
2. TCF Bank Stadium is one of the newest stadiums in college football, and a beautiful stadium such as ours will make a great backdrop for Game Day!
3. There is no better trophy in college football than the Governor's Victory Bell. Well, that's obviously wrong, but no team plays for more rivalry trophies than Minnesota!
4. Casey O'Brien, a four-time cancer survivor, has impacted countless children across the U.S. and certainly throughout Minnesota. Casey personifies what is so great about college athletics.
5. "Kirk Herbstreit wears jorts" signs significantly funnier cascaded by snow flakes.
6. The Gophers are the last team to win three consecutive national championships.
7. We get that ESPN is in love with Alabama, but the Gophers beat the Crimson Tide in their only meeting 20-16 in 2004.
8. A chance for Rece Davis to drive a Zamboni.
9. Can you imagine how cute Lee Corso will look when he puts on Goldy Gopher’s “head” after he picks the Gophers to win?!
10. 3 million people live in the Twin Cities metro area - we will make sure to bring a great crowd.
11. Minnesota has more than 10,000 beautiful lakes, plenty of opportunity to grab and oar and ROW THE BOAT!
12. Kirk Herbstreit loves Lutefisk, he just probably doesn't realize it yet.
13. ESPN crew can get pre-Black Friday shopping done at Mall of America.
14. No coach can run as fast up the sidelines or jump as high as our guy P.J.
15. The Game Day crew will get to wear some of their best winter outfits.
16. Lee Corso will LOVE "Doing The Gopher" dance.
17. Two words: Jucy Lucy
18. Minneapolis skyline view from campus at multiple spots can't be beat.
19. You'll see nine guys with each a letter of M I N N E S O T A painted on their bare chests in 30 degree weather!
20. Cold weather's a great excuse to put Baileys in things.
21. If the ESPN College Game Day crew gets cold, they can just head across the street to warm up in our Barn.
22. How many coaches can pull off a pocket square?! Ours can!
23. Desmond Howard will love an early morning breakfast at Al's!
24. It’s rare to find a student section who chants about hating Iowa when they aren't even playing the Hawkeyes, ours will!
25. Because according to ESPN, "Minnesota has grown beyond a nice little story and into a full-fledged contender."
* Article Text Here *
Tag(s): Gopher Football